Monday, January 9, 2012

No Beach For Me



Sunday, we had plans to venture out to Oceanside. My brother Mike lives on base and we had plans to BBQ. Jimmy smoked a chicken and a turkey tenderloin before we headed out. When I woke up the aroma was drifting in the house from and open back door. It made for an amazing start of a morning. We packed up the foot in our glass containers and piled in the van.
I drove and when we were about 20 miles from home our van decided not to drive anymore. Luckily we were at a busy intersection with some amazingly kind strangers who helped Jimmy push the van into the gas station as I steered it. Thank goodness I have some degree of upper body strength, the power steering was obviously not working.


We ended back in town in three differnt vehicles. Joaquin and I got to ride in the tow truck. Hezzie, Dexter and Waylon went with my mom and her husband. Jimmy and Maggie with his friend Scot.
The tow truck driver was a really nice guy. He carried on quite the conversation and made Joaquin feel at ease. The van in now at the mechanics and we are hoping it's nothing costly.




We came home and planted our Christmas tree and Maggie buried her money in the front yard. The kids played for quite some time. We ate a dinner/lunch and relaxed a bit.




Hezzie asked for a haircut and this is what daddy did.


Hope you all had good Sunday's.

Love,
Momma and her tribe

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't get to see your brother. But, I LOVE Hezzie's haircut so cute!!

    ReplyDelete