Saturday, May 19, 2012

Forts and Messy Rooms

Friday Forts

There is nothing quite as awesome as building a fort on Friday morning. What makes it more awesome is the twinkling of Christmas lights. I helped the "three amigos" build a fort for their enjoyment. They had a ball playing in it, reading in it and of course singing in it. Mostly I just heard,.."shake, shake, shake your bootie" followed by giggles.

Waylon Forts


As you can see that under the couch is a book, this is not uncommon unless I do a good cleaning of the front room. If I see the stuff I will pull it out or have someone else grab it out. Right now my bedroom looks like a hurricane of dresses and skirts. It's not that I am a bad housekeeper, I've just never been so weak or sick in my life. I will have a burst of energy and do a few things and next thing I know I am waking up from a nap I didn't know I was taking.
Of course through my life as a homemaker I have had times of depression where I did nothing much except care for the kids, Jimmy cleaned the house. That depression is long behind me, this is pure exhaustion. It's upsetting that people in my family would tell me to clean my house, and that a couple flies are a reason to leave. Trust me, I hate flies...but, we live by horses and we have a few animals. I think I am just venting and really the people who have hurt me on this would never consider me anything more than lazy.

On a good note Maggie has advanced in her reading and Waylon is reading now. Maggie and I are writing a chicken story. :)

"Housekeeping is incredibly difficult with three kids. I'm trying to be more relaxed. You'll go insane if you try to have a picture-book house."
~Partrick Dempsey


Love,
Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment