Thursday, February 14, 2013

Crazy Little Thing Called Love





What is this crazy little thing we call love? Honestly, I don't think it's a little thing at all. It's a GREAT BIG THING! I know when I met my husband I was blindsided with it. I became irrational and inside was screaming, "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?! Why are you smiling and being ridiculous?" On the outside I was acting a fool. I know I was. He was a great guy and even then did things that annoyed the heck out of me. I pushed him into the friend zone. The friend zone is where he belonged,  in my mind. At the time I was 18 and too cool for relationships. I wanted to go on with my life as a single gal, traveling the world and writing about her adventures. In reality all I ended up doing was travelling the country and writing to my friends about my adventures. I worked at a gas station once and penned short stories that my coworkers fawned over.


Fast forward almost 19 years....I am still too hip for a relationship. Not really, I think it's one of the most amazing things. We have had more than our fair share if ups and downs. There have been times where I have wanted to crack him over the head, and once I threw a bottle the whizzed by his forehead. If I wanted it to hit him, it would have. Together we have brought a bit of craziness into each others lives. Baggage from our childhoods weaved itself in and out. Life seemed so much simpler when we got married, we had his daughter Stephanie and I was told I'd never have kids. It was easy peasy. Then....we had Dexter and five kids after that. We've worked hard to make pennies stretch. We worked even more hard when he was in rehab and in sober living.

Some people think love is always as wonderful as it in the beginning  It's not, well maybe it is if you don't fully let your guard down. There are times when we can't get enough of each other and times when we are perfectly happy watching TV in separate rooms. We have learned to move past the bumps in the road and make due with the path. I don't think I could have found a better mate....okay, maybe if he looked like Marc Harmon and had the voice of David Bowie <wink> and moves like Jagger. I am glad we have had all these trials, I am glad we have all these kids, I am glad we have this kind of love.

Love 
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment