Sunday, March 31, 2013

Just Stuff

Happy Easter everyone!
It has been a pretty full weekend for us. Saturday I took the kids to Oceanside to celebrate one of their cousins birthdays. They played pretty hard all day and slept coming home. We then had a buffet dinner and then came home for the evening. We woke up early and all went to Easter Mass at Our Lady of the Valley. The kids have never been to Easter Mass and were surprised by the sprinkling of the Holy Water.
After Mass we went to Denny's for a cheap breakfast and I ended up with nachos. No gluten for me. I really wanted Moons of My Hammy or a stack of pancakes. I held strong a cried inside. The kids had a nice time and overall enjoyed the morning. We headed to my dads and the kids swam most of the afternoon.
Tanni Rainbow is four months now and thinks just because she can roll around, it's okay to try and scoot.
I really can not imagine my life without anyone of my children. They are all so unique and yet so much alike. I often laugh at my teenage self swearing off marriage and children. I felt I was so above that. My life was planned for the solitude of cat ladydom and typing on old typewriters, of course after I retired from the Marines.  I needed a way to support my book habit....but, that didn't happen.
I was talking with a lady recently about her son going to look at colleges. She reminded me soon that could be me. My stars! The oldest is 21, she lives close to her mamas and has two kids. I didn't think I had to think about another one growing up so soon. In reality Dexter is 13. When did I become the momma to a 13 year old boy? Oh, that's right in November. He is quite the kid, sometimes I have to laugh at the things he says. Sometimes, I have to tell him while respect his opinions I am his momma. He taller than me and is nearly in a size 13 shoe!
Joaquin is 10, and while he is still very young for his age I know he will soon be a teenager. When we have "conversations" he just laughs or walks away. He either is in the mood to know things or really doesn't want to know. He is doing so much better with his potty issues. It's not a miracle type of situation, however it is noticeable. He is also making friends, at his own pace.
Waylon, this kid is something else. He loves Cub Scouts and says he wants to be Eagle by 13. He loves to pray and is learning to voice his frustrations so we can help him. He thinks it's cool that I am his Den Leader and he loves when baby Tanni comes to things.
Hezzie, he is still in recovery mode from his surgery. He has developed a stutter, yet is talking more. He loves to give people things including kisses and hugs.
Maggie is loving Girl Scouts. She has a few collections of toys. She wishes she could be a Cub Scout and loves animals still. She loves to lead adventures and make videos. She is coming more into herself. She has a friend at Girl Scouts who she says is like her. A friend who is emotional and kind.

Jimmy is still in his recovery process, and finding his way back to his faith. He thought going back to the Catholic Church would be a struggle for us and that I would revolt. I have not and now I am more at peace with my spiritual self. The youngest three will be getting baptized soon!  Life is exciting and ecverchanging.




Happy Easter
Love
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment